I worked with the Google AdSense team in London.
September 2015 - December 2015
AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money by placing ads on your website. Currently, the platform is being re-envisioned in Google's Material Design language. Our team is taking this transitional period as an opportunity to zoom out and think about the product as a whole.
- Strengthen UI skills
- Navigate between micro and macro interactions
- Practice user testing
- Design from concept to launch
- Experience the world of product design
- Learn about the business side of design
what i achieved
- Focus on the end to end first time use experience from marketing, to sign-up, to buffer periods, to publishing first live ads
- Bring together different stakeholders to identify the major milestones of a first time user
- Ensure consistency between product teams that own different parts of the AdSense experience
- UI Design of wireframes and pixel perfect ready-to-launch screens
- Create prototypes for stakeholders and user testing
- Collaborate with researchers to plan and conduct validation testing
- Agile design with engineers for feasibility and efficiency
Confident users become successful users
Stakeholders priorities tell the long term story of product goals
A strong system architecture can evolve its visual style, but strong visuals can't compensate for a weak system
Non-user feedback is critical for well-known products
Further project details available upon request.